Clown Masterclass with Caroline Dream
Dates: 30th January 2022
(you must already have a basic knowledge of clown and have participated in at least one clown workshop)
Number of participants: maximum 14
Class schedule: 19:00 to 21:30hs (Spanish time)
Look for the time in your country at https://www.zeitverschiebung.net/en (putting Barcelona as one of the locations). Please make sure there is no time change in your country the night before the masterclass.
To register you must pay through this page.
ACCESS TO THE ONLINE WORKSHOP
Four days before the start of the workshop, we will send you an email with the access link and instructions. Please put as a safe address on your email program these email: email@example.com so the emails with the link to access the Clown Workshop and our communications about the Clown Masterclass don’t go to your spam folder.
ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED
All the information you need is on this page. Please review the sections below to get the best experience during the workshop. If after reading everything you have any questions you can call or write us (via”Contact” in the menu)
Material that you must have nearby:
- a red nose
- 1 banana (or piece of fruit you love)
- a laptop with a camera or, failing that, a tablet with a camera (if you have an external webcam that sends a higher quality image than the computer’s camera, all the better)
- internet connection
- a free account on Zoom.us
- your mobile phone (occassionally you will be required to use a timer in the rooms)
- a private space to work in
Ideally, we recommend a clear working area of approximately 2 x 2 meters that is within the viewing angle of the camera. Outside that area, you should have some space at least on one side so that you can make exits and entrances into the area (that is, you can “leave camera” at least on one side) . Don’t worry about curtains, sofas, shelves with things on them, etc in the background … these can often be used advantageously during the workshop ;o)
- adequate lighting (frontal) so that we can see you well, both infront of the computer and when you are in your work area (please avoid bright lights behind you, such as windows through which the sun enters, etc)
- please put firstname.lastname@example.org as a secure address in your email program so that our email with the link to access the workshop does not go to the spam folder (this could happen, it depends on which email server you use). And if you write us for any reason, put “not spam” at the end of the subject matter to be sure that we will receive it.
The treasure of pleasure
The extraordinary benefits of showing your pleasure and having fun
In general, becoming an adult reduces our ability to hear the call of pleasure and to express the joy we’re feeling, especially in situations where we are not expected or supposed to do so. Clowns, on the other hand, not only hear that call but heed it, no matter what the circumstances, openly relishing all the delicious sensations for the benefit of their audience.
As clowns then, we have to reverse any ingrained habits of suppression so as to never be at a loss as to how to answer the all important question: “What do I want to do now?” Through listening to, and following our desire for fun and joy, without a doubt, we’ll end up in surprisingly comic places.
In this Masterclass, we’ll dust off your pleasure compass so you know exactly where your needle is pointing at all times. I will invite you to enjoy publicly, not only the pleasant surprises and strokes of fortune; but also your evil plans, your superior capabilities, your irrepressible sensuality and your amazing ability to fool, swindle or cheat others. You’ll also see how opening the tap on happiness expands the emotion in all directions, within yourself and within your audience.
B.A Theatre graduate of Exeter University, she then trained at Fooltime Circus School (Bristol, UK) and refined her education with the best teachers on the performing arts scene. She has performed in festivals and theatres throughout Europe.
She has been teaching clown from 1998 throughout Spain, and internationally in Las Vegas (U.S.A., for Cirque du Soleil artists), New York, Portugal, Germany, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Peru, Mexico and Colombia. She also teaches Corporate Clown Trainings.
Her first clown book was published in Spanish and Portuguese, and then in English under the title, The Clown In You (2014). It has sold over 6000 copies worldwide. Clown Yourself, her second clowning manual was released in November 2020 and is now available in Amazon.
+ info at https://about.carolinedream.com
During the workshop we will not be able to help you if you have technical problems, that’s why…
- If you have never used Zoom, do a test video conference with a friend or family member.
- Also check the audio. Zoom has allows you to check the audio. By clicking on the arrow next to the Zoom microphone button, a menu will open. Look for the “Test audio” section.
- Use this link to find all kinds of help on how to use Zoom.
Some tips to optimise your internet connection
- If you can connect by cable, it will be better than via wifi.
- Before the start of the workshop, check that your internet connection works well. Restarting the router by unplugging the power cord for 15 seconds usually increases the speed if you haven’t restarted it for a while.
- Disconnect the Wi-Fi from all your other devices (mobiles, tablets, tv’s, etc.)
- Ask the people who live with you not to use the internet during the workshop hours, especially Netflix, YouTube and the like.